Monday, March 4

Footprints

At first I wasn't sure what was going to come from this blog, but I'd have to say that as of now, I need a little motivation and inspiration. I'm pretty sure all of you have heard of this little story or poem thing but I still really like it and I feel like when I look back on my blog and what I shared, I want this story on here. I don't want this whole blog to be only talking about trials and sad times and endurance, I want hope and faith and happiness.

Footprints in the Sand

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.
This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow, or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.
So I said to the Lord,
"Your promised me Lord,
that if I followed you, you would walk with me always.
But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life
there have been only one
set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you the most, you have not been there for me?"
The Lord replied,
"The times when you have seen only one set of footprints,
is when I carried you."

- Mary Stevenson


Gawl now I want to go to the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment